Sunday, February 15, 2009

Happy Birthday Mr First President

Saturday morning I competed in the longest race of my life. Previously in my life the longest race I had completed was a 200 meter dash. I did this while a Junior in High School. I won the heat that I competed.

The other competitor...
I had the competitor in my sites at mile 3. After the water station at 4 I passed the competitor but with ~1 mile to go the competitor passed me and never looked back. This was an 8 year old girl. I also got beat by some ladies in pink outfits. I did however beat the girls who chit chatted the whole time. Also, I beat the guy who pushed a stroller the whole time. I finished in 62 minutes 17 seconds. I finished 490 out of 659 competitors and in my age bracket I finished 71 out of 78. My pace was a blistering 9 minutes 44 seconds per mile which I am actually pretty happy about. I think I could keep that pace up for a lot longer. So the first victory goes to Iceman who I saw for the first couple of minutes of the race and never saw again. You win this battle...

On a different note:
My entry for this year's Pelt NASCAR driver competition is Grg Biffle. I think he has a cool last name.

BTW. Thanks for all those who supported me in the polling place.
Who will finish finish ahead in the George Washington Birthday 10K?
Results:
Iceman - 3 Votes
Maverick - 4 Votes
We'll call it a draw - 2 Votes


1 comment:

Pelt Family said...

I had a great time on Saturday.