Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Now it is official

Today I signed up for the Marine Corps Historic Half Marathon. Goodbye $60. Hello 13 miles and a T-Shirt. I then went and ran in 30 degree weather with freezing rain. I heard that Jason "Farley" Pelt ran in snow this morning. I could not be outdone. So freezing rain it had to be. I figured out that going forward was not a problem . I did not slip a single time while going forward. Coming to a stop in any short distance needs to be thought out. I nearly slipped and fell. This would have been the second fall today if I had. In a moment of intellectual clarity this afternoon I decided to walk down my steep snow covered driveway in deck shoes. Three Quarters of the way down... I went down. Back to the run... I also found that I was forced to have the turning radius of a volkswagen bug otherwise friction was to little.
Run Stats:
30 minutes 16 seconds
Cold Ears
Frozen hat
Freezing Rain
No falls
One loose shoelace
Two funny looks from neighbors
One word of encouragement from lady shoveling snow
Snow is fun

-"Swayze"

1 comment:

keilan said...

Dude, that sounds like an awesome day.