Thursday, January 15, 2009

How to use a defroster?

Answer:
I have no idea.

Being from below the tropic line I rarely had to deal with fogging windows in the cold because of using the heater. Being from Florida I definitely know how to use windshield wipers. I know how to recognize turn signals that are left on indefinitely. I can also use the air conditioning just fine. The defrosting mechanism for the windshield is next to impossible for me to figure out. I can get it to defrost, but then I tend to get cold. I switch back to heat and the windows fog up again. My wife on the other hand can work it perfectly, and she is from Florida. Oh well.

1 comment:

Kevin said...

tip for defrosting windshield quickly: turn your visors down about 3/4 of the way, turn on defroster. I noticed about a 50% decrease in defrost time when I started doing this.

Also, to keep it warm in your car and keep the windshield clear - run your heater in dual mode, defrost and floor setting, if your car does this. I've done this for years and it works like a charm.