Thursday, January 22, 2009

Do you ever feel like your getting old?

Today I do. After three straight nights of my son not sleeping well. After running twice this week. I decided to have my son chase me around the house like he often does, and also chase him around the house as well. As I started to do that today both of my hips hurt. Then I tried to "bound" up the stairs like a graceful gazelle only to be brought to a quick stop by pain in my hips. If this is not depressing for a 28 year old male, then I do not know what is. So I have made a decision. If I am ever a teenager playing sports again or a young adult playing sports again, then I am going to rest my injuries better. If that day comes I will rest my sprained ankles. I may even ice them. When I get an ovulsive fracture in my hip I promise not to play a soccer game on it. Until that day comes I will have to go on feeling older than I really am. Maybe as I get into better shape things will start to improve. I will now go wipe a tear from my eye.

No comments: