Thursday, March 19, 2009

This has become more on my mind while running

For some reason running makes me compare my life to a race. Can't figure it out...

1 Corinthians 9: 24-25
24Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize.
25Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever.

The thing I have thought of a lot lately with this idea is how much easier it is to run when you run with someone else. As a leader in a church itseems to me you have two roles. 1. Coach: Encouraging others on to do good works and live more faithful lives. 2. Teammate: Joining with others in serving the Lord. A part of recognizing that you are aso a teammate is realizing that you also need encouragement from the rest of the church.

No comments: