Friday, March 27, 2009

Dear Verizon,

I am sure your Fios service is very good. I appreciate your sincerely desiring me to switch from my cable provider to you. I am sure you want me to only have the best service possible for my money. In regards to your sending me the same offer via the United States Postal Service, I think it would be a better use of your money to not send quite so many copies. I know that the post service has been struggling, and I appreciate your trying to help them employ more postmen. Your advertising strategy does not make much sense to me.
1. If I do not accept an offer sent to me on Monday, then I will probably not accept an offer sent on Wednesday. Also, I will probably still not accept the offer the following week. Maybe if you waited a few months you would have more luck.
2. You must think I have cable, or you would not care about advertising to me so much. You would be correct. As you may have already figured out, this means that I often see your TV commercials giving me the same offer.
3. You probably think I have internet as well. You would again be correct. Which means I have already seen your web advertisment offering me the same deal.

In light of this, I think you might reconsider your frequency in which you mail advertisements. You could probably offer a better deal on Fios if you did. Also, you might save some trees.

No comments: