Thursday, March 5, 2009

If only a camera followed me around...

I was on quite a roll. It was a bit warmer outside so I decided to do a different loop than I do on cold nights. I ran great down Waterway. I ran well down Golf Club. I managed to not slip on some pretty slippery ground. I was preparing to go up the hill on Dolphin to start the final stretch home. I felt like I had made good time. When I notice myself making a vocal "oogh", and come to a complete stop very quickly. I had run right into a chain that was meant to keep cars out of the parking lot. It hit me right about waste level. I gathered myself up. Made sure I didn't seem too hurt, and kept going. I finished the run in 32 minutes which is at least 2 minutes faster than I had run it previously and it may have been 4 minutes faster. I think maybe next time I will step over it before running into it.

No comments: