Friday, June 5, 2009

May 14

One thing I love about reading the Bible is when verses that you have read before all of a sudden make more sense. This happened to me this week when I was preparing to give the lesson at XFold Youth Group. I had looked at a verse multiple times and it seemed interesting, but I was not sure what to do with the verse. One evening I read the verse again and it was very clear what it meant, and how I could apply it to my life and in the lesson. I find over and over again the Lord works this way. When I seek to understand His Word, He is faithful to help me understand. God wants to work this way in all of us. He does not expect us to just be able to figure out what everything means. He does not expect us to have perfect wisdom on our own. He wants us to recognize that we need his help to understand His Word. When we recognize this, He will not hold it against us, but rather He will give us wisdom.

James 1:5
5If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him.

No comments: