Thursday, June 11, 2009

June 11

So we can run off a list of things we should do and not do. We might start with the Ten Commandments, or we might start with a different list from memory. We might say, “Love your neighbor as yourself.” We might then ask, “Why should we do these good things and avoid the bad things?” For that we might also run off a few answers. The reason that I want to mention today is one that I was reminded of this week. We should do good things and push away son because we are a part of one body together. As a part of that body we provide a representation of how people are going to judge the rest of the body. If I go to work with hair that has not been combed, then people are going to make judgments about me based on what they have noticed. If I go into a store I steal a pack of gum with my right hand and someone watches me, then they make a judgment about the rest of me based on the action of my right hand. Nobody would see that and say that I just must have a bad hand. So we should strive to do good works, and push away evil. Our actions reflect on the rest of the Body of Christ.

Ephesians 4:25
25Therefore each of you must put off falsehood and speak truthfully to his neighbor, for we are all members of one body.

No comments: